About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharastra, India
Born in Mumbai, my earliest memory in life is a story. A story that said – perhaps I was adopted. Every person has a story to tell. I like to listen and most of them form the base for the stories I write. I also teach creative writing to students and professionals from all walks of life. Many have a story to tell...I help them to pen it down. I also edit, guide and help students create Statement of Purposes, LORs, Resumes and Personal Essays for their Study Abroad documentations. Please go through the samples of the SOPs done by me...I work via the electronic media with students at a global level. I also help corporates as well as individuals in regards to handling all their communication needs. Brochures, newsletters, pamphlets or press releases are delivered under strict time-lines and as per international quality.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Victory v/s Defeat

Deafening sounds of crackers, jumping around crazily as if a thousand bees have stung you...that was how people reacted when India won the semi finals late evening on 30th March, 2011.

The  usual comment before the win was,"if India does not win the finals its ok but it has to win this semi specially since its opposite Pakistanis." I disagree with this vehemently!!! Had the semi finals been against Sri Lanka or Australia would the victory have evoked lesser jubilation??? Nah.....

A win is a win...no matter against whomsoever.

Initially had planned to watch the last few overs and had busied myself in office. However as the match started and the first few strokes were rewarded with tons (yeah thats an exaggeration) of runs....some sort of euphoria seemed to erupt in me.

I longed to be home in front of my EX710  :-(

Fortunately boss being the sport fanatic he is allowed me to leave....and from then on watching the match was an experience that i would term as fabulous....

Good you dont have such matches often....how can one feel so euphoric on a constant basis???

On a different note, I strongly condemn the sms/jokes doing the rounds about the 'Pakis being dogs,donkeys and what not'. First its an insult to compare anyone to animals without taking the permission from the animals...they r the noblest of all living beings. Second what if we had lost??? What do Indians become whenever we lose a match???

Winning and losing is all a part of a game...the one who plays better wins...(luck factor also v.imp)

Again though Sachin was man of the match...it was a team win...Yuvi's zero must have egged him to field better ...Nehra's bowling silenced his critics...the entire team performed well....great bowling by Munaf...tight fielding by the rest....superb.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Pakistan was very professional in their defeat too..Well India over all knows they cant afford to loose to Pakistan on a home ground...Match was not very exciting ..theywayan India Pak should be ..but nevertheless sportsmanship won...

Sups said...

Rajiv...the better side won....

Shraddha Vora Sanghavi said...

Enjoyed the read....You were the lucky one to get a leave early that day.. ;)
P.S. looking forward to read more of your blogs...