About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharastra, India
Born in Mumbai, my earliest memory in life is a story. A story that said – perhaps I was adopted. Every person has a story to tell. I like to listen and most of them form the base for the stories I write. I also teach creative writing to students and professionals from all walks of life. Many have a story to tell...I help them to pen it down. I also edit, guide and help students create Statement of Purposes, LORs, Resumes and Personal Essays for their Study Abroad documentations. Please go through the samples of the SOPs done by me...I work via the electronic media with students at a global level. I also help corporates as well as individuals in regards to handling all their communication needs. Brochures, newsletters, pamphlets or press releases are delivered under strict time-lines and as per international quality.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

THE SKY IS FALLING


As I child, I had once heard the story of a foolish chicken who spread a false rumor that the Sky is about to fall. Though I knew, even at that young age that it can never happen, a small fear did build up inside me. This fear would climb mountainous proportion specially on a rainy night clouded with thunder and lightning.

Once I asked my Grandma," Achchamma (Paternal Grandmother in Malayalam) is this true? Can the sky fall? Weaving her thickly veined wrinkled hand through my soft silky and long curls she said...." Darling the sky may not fall, but the world may one day cease to exist"

" What! How is that possible? What about my grandchildren? What about their grandchildren?". She only smiled and hugged me and said...." I am glad we both met while the world is still fresh and nice"

I felt very comforted in her arms. However, my nightmares only grew. First it was the sky falling, now it was the end of the world. In my growing up years, I came across countless stories to portray the end of the world. In Hindu mythology, the world would end when the sins committed by mankind would reach such mammoth proportions that it would drown in it.

I can remember many acts of goodness by people around me and myself. I also know about sins committed by others as well as myself. So who is out there measuring and saying...." Ok, now no more, this is the last SIN!" No one knows. But what we have seen is that no one can control or stop a tsunami or an earthquake. There is no preventive measures to stop them. Only one act can or may stop the world from ending. By being good...food for thought!!!

Somebody is out there measuring and saying...." Ok, now no more, this is the last SIN!"


No comments: