About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharastra, India
Born in Mumbai, my earliest memory in life is a story. A story that said – perhaps I was adopted. Every person has a story to tell. I like to listen and most of them form the base for the stories I write. I also teach creative writing to students and professionals from all walks of life. Many have a story to tell...I help them to pen it down. I also edit, guide and help students create Statement of Purposes, LORs, Resumes and Personal Essays for their Study Abroad documentations. Please go through the samples of the SOPs done by me...I work via the electronic media with students at a global level. I also help corporates as well as individuals in regards to handling all their communication needs. Brochures, newsletters, pamphlets or press releases are delivered under strict time-lines and as per international quality.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Being With You...

The last words you said were 'Take it or leave it'
And I wondered if 'Love' was a commodity


All along I imagined it to be...
Those moments when I found the mischievous sparkle in your eye
The heartbeat that beat a little faster when your call came through
The urge in me to buy that stuffed large caterpillar for the car's dashboard 
The soothing aura that spread through me when you said how precious I was to you
Those moments when you would try to squeeze some time for us
Those days when you did say...."I Love You" though you said it so rarely




All along I imagined it to be...something that was to be felt and shared by us two...

5 comments:

Shalil said...

well said...but is it worth reminiscing yesterday?

Sups said...

Thanks for your comment. Its a subjective matter. Depends on how true and strong your love IS. For someone like the protagonist in this poem who is longing for his/her love, the love fails to leave him/her. Hence LOVE lingers forever....and the protagonist refuses to leave the joys he/she got from this love on the side....

Anonymous said...

Yeah love is a commodity...and a depreciating one at that!! :-)

Chitra Nair said...

Made me feel really sad :-( but that shows how well you have captured the protagonist's emotions!

Anonymous said...

yeah true love is not a commodity