About Me

My photo
Mumbai, Maharastra, India
Born in Mumbai, my earliest memory in life is a story. A story that said – perhaps I was adopted. Every person has a story to tell. I like to listen and most of them form the base for the stories I write. I also teach creative writing to students and professionals from all walks of life. Many have a story to tell...I help them to pen it down. I also edit, guide and help students create Statement of Purposes, LORs, Resumes and Personal Essays for their Study Abroad documentations. Please go through the samples of the SOPs done by me...I work via the electronic media with students at a global level. I also help corporates as well as individuals in regards to handling all their communication needs. Brochures, newsletters, pamphlets or press releases are delivered under strict time-lines and as per international quality.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The TOP in your life...

That One Person [TOP]
Who is your Top??? Allow me to introduce you to your TOP. Most of you have a TOP in your life. Well, it is not the spinning toy with a nail at the end that I am talking about. My TOP is ‘That One Person’ who forms your backbone during your weak moments, enacts as your sounding board in tricky times and fulfills the role of a never complaining soul mate.
Right from birth we crave for one thing – Love. The lucky ones have their immediate relatives cooing, caressing and cuddling the latest entry into their lives with great gusto. The unlucky ones miss it from the beginning or somewhere along the way. Gradually man keeps getting into diverse milieu as he moves forward. Academic struggles, getting into the right career, scaling higher peaks in one’s existing professional life takes its toll. One tends lose the TOP somewhere along the way.
Aarav found that his elder brother who was his TOP all thru his life is nowhere near him as Aarav’s overseas education and his brother’s marriage widened the distance between them. No matter how much they loved each other they just could not bond the way they used to earlier.
Marriage sometimes brings the TOP back into your lives. In some cases it doesn’t. It is hard to believe but nowadays with career being top priority, most couples’ proximity within themselves has reduced whereas with colleagues the bonding seems firmer. So one finds the TOP in the midst of one’s colleagues.
Lucky are the ones whose life spins with their respective TOPS. The ones without the TOP either learn to manage on their own or embark on a never ending search for their TOP. Amen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice